Definition of passable:
- Capable of being freely circulated or disseminated; acceptable; generally receivable; current.
- Capable of being passed, traveled, navigated, traversed, penetrated, or the like; as, the roads are not passable; the stream is passablein boats.
- Such as may be allowed to pass without serious objection; tolerable; admissable; moderate; mediocre.
traversable, fair, equal, fairish, moderate, good, climbable, respectable, ordinary, goodish, satisfactory, available, decent, open, mediocre, tolerable, travelable, fair to middling, graded, fair, broad, all right, adequate, enough, negotiable, accessible, common, impossible, penetrable, sufficient, easy, common, surmountable, navigable, traveled, beaten, indifferent, average, OK, impassable, all right, tidy, so-so.
From Birmingham, as from a grand centre, issues twelve roads, that point to as many towns; some of these, within memory, have scarcely been passable; all are mended, but though much is done, more is wanted.- "An History of Birmingham (1783)", William Hutton.
- "The Memoires of Casanova, Complete The Rare Unabridged London Edition Of 1894, plus An Unpublished Chapter of History, By Arthur Symons", Jacques Casanova de Seingalt.
- "The Petty Troubles of Married Life, Complete", Honore de Balzac.