Definition of passing :
1. Exceeding; surpassing, eminent.
2. Exceedingly; excessively; surpassingly; as, passing fair; passing strange.
3. of Pass
4. Relating to the act of passing or going; going by, beyond, through, or away; departing.
5. The act of one who, or that which, passes; the act of going by or away.
sack, conclusion, around, handout, exceedingly, termination, breathing out, time flies, way out, death toll, base on balls, liberation, expiry, discharge, red ink, counterclockwise, toss, exit, death throes, qualifying, mere, personnel casualty, exhalation, transeunt, transit, only, mountain pass, partial, flash, pending, notch, acquittance, inconstant, deprivation, divergence, transition, spillage, super, elapse, completion, passport, extremely, handing over, limiting, go by, whirl, fugacious, short, bye, sledding, crack, slight, straits, press release, red, highly, enactment, close, firing, fleet, departure, time, floating, crossing, perfunctory, pass, sacking, closure, leaving, sketchy, dismission, continue, downwind, fling, incomplete, outstanding, left, intervene, homeward, variable, vent, creep by, clockwise, down, tone ending, finish, spill, button, cross-country, satisfactory, overtaking, the passage of time, head, dismissal, passageway, little, unfinished, loss, superficial, abortive, wear on, offer, eastbound, going away, passing game, death rate, walk, ahead, liberty chit, mortality, deviation, passing play, bereavement, morbidity, withdrawal, outlet, modification, slip by, strait, casual, passage, few, undone, barely, difference, musical passage, light-touch, flying, careless, waiver, flip, laissez passer, sparse, deciduous, fugitive, tick away, minimum, issue, scant, go, freeing
dying (part of speech: verb)
death (part of speech: noun)
happening (part of speech: verb)
moving (part of speech: verb)
transient (part of speech: adjective)
flickering, short-lived, mutable, impermanent, brief, restless, momentary, flitting, fading, evanescent, transient, temporal, rootless, volatile, cursory, fickle, instantaneous, fleeting, short-term, transitory, temporary, ephemeral, changeable, mortal
- Passing beneath it, I found myself immediately in the town. - "Orientations", William Somerset Maugham.
- The laugh is passing round, And now the turn is yours, sir. - "The Love-Chase", James Sheridan Knowles.
- One of the schoolchildren stopped after passing him, and whispered to another. - "Highways and Byways in Surrey", Eric Parker.