Definition of past :
1. A former time or state; a state of things gone by.
2. Above; exceeding; more than.
3. Beyond, in position, or degree; further than; beyond the reach or influence of.
4. Beyond, in time; after; as, past the hour.
5. By; beyond; as, he ran past.
6. Of or pertaining to a former time or state; neither present nor future; gone by; elapsed; ended; spent; as, past troubles; past offences.
past tense, past times, precede, foregoing, anterior, retired, away, beyond, farther than, whilom, guess, precedent, retiring, sometime, time, earlier, expect, preceding, once, quondam, accuse, anticipate, fear, onetime, aside, behind, by
different time (part of speech: noun)
past (part of speech: noun)
- He told me; and I will tell it here, for the story is of the past now. - "Cecil Castlemaine's Gage, Lady Marabout's Troubles, and Other Stories", Ouida.
- He comes home at half past six. - "Gossamer 1915", George A. Birmingham.
- It's just past four o'clock in the morning. - "The-Circus-Boys-on-the-Flying-Rings-or-Making-the-Start-in-the-Sawdust-Life", Darlington, Edgar B. P..