Definition of pastor:
- A guardian; a keeper; specifically ( Eccl.), a minister having the charge of a church and parish.
- A shepherd; one who has the care of flocks and herds.
- A species of starling ( roseus), native of the plains of Western Asia and Eastern Europe. Its head is crested and glossy greenish black, and its back is rosy. It feeds largely upon locusts.
clergy (part of speech: noun)
The pastor had come out on his gallery, where he stood, all smiles, waiting for John to win in the pretty strife, which the rider presently did, and glanced over to the Halliday garden, more than ready to lift his hat.- "John March, Southerner", George W. Cable.
- "The Sherrods", George Barr McCutcheon.
- "Nature and Art", Mrs. Inchbald.