Definition of paternity :
1. Derivation or descent from a father; male parentage; as, the paternity of a child.
2. Origin; authorship.
3. The relation of a father to his child; fathership; fatherhood; family headship; as, the divine paternity.
kinship (part of speech: noun)
father, mother, kin, ancestor, cousin, kinship, brotherhood, fraternity, family, kinfolk, nephew, flesh, relation, motherhood, blood, lineage, fatherhood, maternity, aunt, sisterhood, sister, niece, uncle, heredity, clan, brother, consanguinity, relative
paternity (part of speech: noun)
- I say " his" paternity; for the absolute personality of Punch has long been recognised. - "The History of "Punch"", M. H. Spielmann.
- But I had begun almost to believe in my make- believe paternity, and I was jealous of the rightful claims of the dead man. - "The Morals of Marcus Ordeyne", William J. Locke.
- In the meanwhile, the Cossack to whom young Demetrius had been confided, and who brought him up in ignorance of his paternity, died without having any opportunity, or at all events availing herself of it, to reveal the secret of the boy's birth. - "Claimants to Royalty", John H. Ingram.