Definition of path:
- A trodden way; a footway.
- A way, course, or track, in which anything moves or has moved; route; passage; an established way; as, the path of a meteor, of a caravan, of a storm, of a pestilence. Also used figuratively, of a course of life or action.
- To make a path in, or on ( something), or for ( some one).
- To walk or go.
passageway, racecourse, history, nature trail, means, racetrack, channel, fashion, system, travel guidebook, highroad, course of study, room, way of life, turnpike, manner, superhighway, lead, a giant step/leap/stride, course of action, the march of something, development, course, running, advancement, way, thruway, mode, form, progress, highway, beat, steps, momentum, agency, pathway, grade, roadway, runway, method, basis, row, technique, open, data track, avenue, lane, esplanade, boulevard, caterpillar tread, walk, towpath, cut, line, angle, bridle-path, advance, procedure, elbow room, itinerary, move, rails, route, caterpillar track, approach, rail, boardwalk, crosscut, travel plan, cart track, style, routeway, passage, alley, footpath, pass, class, expressway, trail, tactic, drive, driveway, freeway, trace, maturation, course of instruction, raceway, street, track, road, cartroad, thoroughfare.
- "Aylwin", Theodore Watts-Dunton.
- "David Elginbrod", George MacDonald.
- "The Main Chance", Meredith Nicholson.