Definition of patient:
- A person under medical or surgical treatment; - correlative to physician or nurse.
- Constant in pursuit or exertion; persevering; calmly diligent; as, patient endeavor.
- Expectant with calmness, or without discontent; not hasty; not overeager; composed.
- Forbearing; long- suffering.
- Having the quality of enduring; physically able to suffer or bear.
- ONe who, or that which, is passively affected; a passive recipient.
- To compose, to calm.
- Undergoing pains, trails, or the like, without murmuring or fretfulness; bearing up with equanimity against trouble; long- suffering.
case, anorexic, like a lamb (to the slaughter), weak, longanimous, asthmatic, the critical list, composed, agoraphobe, bed-blocker, stoic, irrepressible, diabetic, steady, quiet, pliable, dependable, submissive, gentle, dogged, unruffled, unhurried, placid, restless, affected role, assiduous, diligent, irritable, stable, feverish, uncomplaining, calm, biddable, amnesiac, consumptive, regular, persevering, serene, passive, reliable, uncritical, insistent, enduring, pertinacious, depressive, patient role, unimpassioned, resigned, philosophic, patient of, tolerant, dispassionate, violent, long-suffering, tranquil, accept, imperturbable, cold-blooded, forbearing.