Definition of pavement :
1. That with which anythingis paved; a floor or covering of solid material, laid so as to make a hard and convenient surface for travel; a paved road or sidewalk; a decorative interior floor of tiles or colored bricks.
2. To furnish with a pavement; to pave.
double yellow line, sidewalk, paving, pavage, asphalt, gravel, cobble, hedgerow, chippings, cobblestones, gutter, flagstone, curb, pave, highway, bitumen, street, embankment, road, kerb, gradient, milestone, bus stop, milepost, blacktop, lay-by, flagging, paving material, thoroughfare, lamppost
- All were kneeling on the pavement, and one after the other rose to exchange the kiss of peace, and reach the altar. - "En Route", J.-K. (Joris-Karl) Huysmans.
- When I arrived there he was standing on the pavement outside. - "A Damsel in Distress", Pelham Grenville Wodehouse.
- I was left standing on the pavement, gazing after him. - "Hunger", Knut Hamsun.