Definition of peace:
- A state of quiet or tranquillity; freedom from disturbance or agitation; calm; repose
- Exemption from, or cessation of, war with public enemies.
- Exemption from, or subjection of, agitating passions; tranquillity of mind or conscience.
- Public quiet, order, and contentment in obedience to law.
- Reconciliation; agreement after variance; harmony; concord.
- To make or become quiet; to be silent; to stop.
fight, contentment, the good life, intermission, agitation, detente, union, comity, still, recreation, peace treaty, cold war, warfare, tranquillity, counterinsurgency, control, ceasefire, sleep, privilege, interwar, two-eyed violet, slumber, balance of power, stay, unanimity, unity, hiatus, reconciliation, congeniality, high ground, reserve, freedom, field pansy, leisure, mollification, slack, public security, chime, sympathy, repose, peaceableness, dovish, peacefulness, paradise, luxury, low gear, self-possession, disturbance, relaxation, love-in-idleness, pause, distress, peace of mind, restfulness, pacification, love, serenity, highlight, cool head, compatibility, sereneness, pink of my John, slowdown, heartsease, silence, ataraxis, untroubledness, stop, pacify, brotherhood, wild pansy, quietude, comfort, war, equilibrium, cessation, hush, conciliation, ease, friendship, lull.
- calm (part of speech: noun)
- peace (part of speech: noun)
- peaceful (part of speech: adjective)
- harmony (part of speech: noun)