Definition of peaceful:
at peace, peace, dispassionate, self-possessed, nonviolent, orderly, pacifistic, halcyon, tranquil, law-abiding, undisturbed, smooth, pacific, calm, imperturbable, passive, pacifist, peaceable, serene, amicable, peace-loving, irenic, stilly, inactive, nonbelligerent, pacifical.
- calm (part of speech: adjective)
- peaceful (part of speech: adjective)
- mild (part of speech: adjective)
- "Blake's Burden", Harold Bindloss.
In order to impress upon the mind this view of the nature and aim of the Church, the Temple- the symbol of the Church- must not be built by David the man of war, but by Solomon, the peaceful, the man of rest, 1 Chron.- "Christology of the Old Testament: And a Commentary on the Messianic Predictions, v. 1", Ernst Wilhelm Hengstenberg.
- "Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes", Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.