Definition of peak:
- A point; the sharp end or top of anything that terminates in a point; as, the peak, or front, of a cap.
- The extremity of an anchor fluke; the bill.
- The narrow part of a vessel's bow, or the hold within it.
- The top, or one of the tops, of a hill, mountain, or range, ending in a point; often, the whole hill or mountain, esp. when isolated; as, the of Teneriffe.
- The upper aftermost corner of a fore- and- aft sail; - used in many combinations; as, peak- halyards, peak- brails, etc.
- To acquire sharpness of figure or features; hence, to look thin or sicky.
- To pry; to peep slyly.
- To raise to a position perpendicular, or more nearly so; as, to peak oars, to hold them upright; to peak a gaff or yard, to set it nearer the perpendicular.
- To rise or extend into a peak or point; to form, or appear as, a peak.
hint, crownwork, line of longitude, stature, flier, bakshish, billhook, eyeshade, blush, raising, compass point, full point, rash, efflorescence, upper side, tip, brim, posting, big top, flyer, spinning top, high, broadsheet, aggrandizement, elevation, visor, acme, breaker point, circus tent, bloom, steer, heyday, pate, high-season, backsheesh, point, account, cover, top out, spot, whirligig, gunpoint, level, pointedness, government note, lead, hot flash, thrill, culminate, pecker, climactical, climactic, pinnacle, outpouring, top of the inning, item, aggrandisement, superlative degree, pennant, maximum, period, reach a peak, vizor, decimal point, head, florescence, excite, circular, invoice, percentage point, apex, blooming, stop, highest, notice, crest, nib, distributor point, banker's bill, natural elevation, jacket, rush, gush, rosiness, lift, diadem, poster, meridian, bank note, teetotum, round top, flower, boot, throwaway, apex of the sun's way, prime, summit meeting, peak-seaason, placard, altitude, superlative, height, degree, full stop, flush, card, broadside, handbill, charge, prime quantity, crown, extreme point, dot, extremum, roseola, jacket crown, measure, maximal, note, banknote, flowering, bill, confidential information, apogee, skin rash, bank bill, greenback, poll, beak, top side, solar apex, blossoming, kick, convex, upside, fastigium, prime of life, gratuity, pourboire, treetop, power point, tallness, bakshis, payoff, tiptop, wind, blossom, vertex, salad days, inflorescence, neb, top, point in time, bloom of youth, protection, bang, anthesis, detail, stage, baksheesh, summit.
- mountain (part of speech: noun)
- top (part of speech: noun)
summit (part of speech: noun)
- highest point,
- topmost point,
- uppermost point,
- "The Golden Skull", John Blaine.
- "Camp Fires of the Wolf Patrol", Alan Douglas.
- "The Emigrant Trail", Geraldine Bonner.