Definition of peak :
1. A point; the sharp end or top of anything that terminates in a point; as, the peak, or front, of a cap.
2. The extremity of an anchor fluke; the bill.
3. The narrow part of a vessel's bow, or the hold within it.
4. The top, or one of the tops, of a hill, mountain, or range, ending in a point; often, the whole hill or mountain, esp. when isolated; as, the of Teneriffe.
5. The upper aftermost corner of a fore- and- aft sail; - used in many combinations; as, peak- halyards, peak- brails, etc.
6. To acquire sharpness of figure or features; hence, to look thin or sicky.
7. To pry; to peep slyly.
8. To raise to a position perpendicular, or more nearly so; as, to peak oars, to hold them upright; to peak a gaff or yard, to set it nearer the perpendicular.
9. To rise or extend into a peak or point; to form, or appear as, a peak.
note, apex of the sun's way, skin rash, power point, notice, blossom, altitude, top side, full point, placard, measure, elevation, beak, dot, poster, maximal, stop, blooming, climactical, point in time, summit meeting, bakshish, nib, top of the inning, roseola, extreme point, superlative, neb, kick, bloom, jacket, peak-seaason, lift, efflorescence, solar apex, prime quantity, posting, flier, protection, gunpoint, big top, whirligig, excite, pate, eyeshade, bill, treetop, banker's bill, florescence, top out, billhook, degree, pourboire, hot flash, charge, percentage point, rosiness, boot, account, outpouring, cover, circular, banknote, flush, blossoming, apogee, high-season, spot, flower, raising, confidential information, gush, bang, vertex, government note, prime of life, handbill, aggrandisement, steer, hint, level, point, breaker point, jacket crown, bank note, brim, height, line of longitude, flyer, lead, rash, period, distributor point, heyday, teetotum, superlative degree, crownwork, salad days, bakshis, vizor, item, circus tent, flowering, thrill, stature, anthesis, round top, pointedness, full stop, invoice, natural elevation, tallness, reach a peak, tiptop, prime, baksheesh, convex, pennant, bank bill, wind, backsheesh, upper side, upside, meridian, card, inflorescence, head, gratuity, spinning top, poll, culminate, decimal point, rush, extremum, stage, broadsheet, greenback, diadem, visor, broadside, fastigium, pecker, climactic, payoff, bloom of youth, aggrandizement, throwaway, detail, blush, compass point, high
mountain (part of speech: noun)
top (part of speech: noun)
summit (part of speech: noun)
maximum, climax, topmost, acme, highest, zenith, culminating, tip, loftiest, uppermost, crown, summit, extremity, crest, capping, brow, pinnacle, cap, apex, topmost point, limit, culmination, uppermost point, top, extreme, crowning, headmost, highest point
- In a moment or two it would be at the peak. - "The Golden Skull", John Blaine.
- About three o'clock they started to descend from the peak. - "Camp Fires of the Wolf Patrol", Alan Douglas.
- Laramie Peak loomed closer, a bold, bare point, gold in the morning, purple at twilight. - "The Emigrant Trail", Geraldine Bonner.