Definition of peal:
- A loud sound, or a succession of loud sounds, as of bells, thunder, cannon, shouts, of a multitude, etc.
- A set of bells tuned to each other according to the diatonic scale; also, the changes rung on a set of bells.
- A small salmon; a grilse; a sewin.
- To appeal.
- To assail with noise or loud sounds.
- To pour out.
- To resound; to echo.
- To utter or give forth loudly; to cause to give out loud sounds; to noise abroad.
- To utter or give out loud sounds.
gyre, cast, roster, curlicue, resound, telephone, roll, border, call, noise, clang, drum roll, band, whorl, pealing, sounds, axial motion, scroll, skirt, ringlet, environ, reverberate, coil, paradiddle, echo, call up, wheeling, rolling, ringing, bong, surround, toll, rolling wave, chime, sound, rumble, bankroll, ring, carillon, clash, axial rotation, bun, knell, roller, bowl, strike, phone, curl.
- "The Garden Of Allah", Robert Hichens.
- "The Harbor", Ernest Poole.
- "Arsene Lupin", Edgar Jepson Maurice Leblanc.