Definition of peculiarity :
1. Exclusive possession or right.
2. That which is peculiar; a special and distinctive characteristic or habit; particularity.
3. The quality or state of being peculiar; individuality; singularity.
remnant, crotchet, specialism, low density, metier, speciality, curio, trace, specialness, attribute, usual, distinction, long suit, rarity, end, be, indication, strength, distinctiveness, disparateness, strong point, distinguishing characteristic, unusualness, oddness, savor, remainder, sign, queerness, oddment, rareness, wonder, infrequency, strong suit, distinctive feature, tenuity, specialisation
character (part of speech: noun)
unconformity (part of speech: noun)
curiosity, idiosyncrasy, funniness, incompatibility, exception, quirkiness, divergence, incongruity, impropriety, nonconformity, strangeness, difference, unfamiliarity, outlandishness, aberrance, irregularity, derangement, uniqueness, oddity, deviation, anomaly, aberration, singularity, uncommonness, inconsistency, unconventionality, eccentricity, abnormality, freakishness
specialty (part of speech: noun)
forte, cachet, individuality, quirk, quality, property, discriminant, particularity, specialization, definiteness, characteristic, hallmark, stamp, flavor, trait, mannerism, specialty, way, feature, figure, keynote, mark
- His peculiarity of temperament was in accord surely with nothing in Charmian. - "The Way of Ambition", Robert Hichens.
- Here let me note a peculiarity of colour, noticeable in work of Seventeenth and Eighteenth Century borders. - "The Tapestry Book", Helen Churchill Candee.
- This is the peculiarity of the Revelation in comparison with all the other books. - "Quiet Talks on the Crowned Christ of Revelation", S. D. Gordon.