Definition of pedal:
- A lever or key acted on by the foot, as in the pianoforte to raise the dampers, or in the organ to open and close certain pipes; a treadle, as in a lathe or a bicycle.
- A pedal curve or surface.
- Of or pertaining to a pedal; having pedals.
- Of or pertaining to the foot, or to feet, literally or figuratively; specifically ( Zool.), pertaining to the foot of a mollusk; as, the pedal ganglion.
- "The Chums of Scranton High at Ice Hockey", Donald Ferguson.
- "The Simpkins Plot", George A. Birmingham.
As if for the fun of it, these two used to beat each other up beautifully, giving free shows to the neighborhood with vocal and instrumental accompaniments, four- handed, soft, loud, with pedal and all.- "The Social Cancer A Complete English Version of Noli Me Tangere", José Rizal.