Definition of peep:
- A sly look; a look as through a crevice, or from a place of concealment.
- Any small sandpiper, as the least sandpiper ( Trigna minutilla).
- First outlook or appearance.
- The cry of a young chicken; a chirp.
- The European meadow pipit ( Anthus pratensis).
- To begin to appear; to look forth from concealment; to make the first appearance.
- To cry, as a chicken hatching or newly hatched; to chirp; to cheep.
- To look cautiously or slyly; to peer, as through a crevice; to pry.
boom, murmur, peek, clash, spring up, chirp, babble, plop, ripple, clack, pop up, gaze, bleep, clang, erupt, throw, click, eye, pop, blare, clank, glance, keen, pad, dart, pit-a-pat, mewl, blast, sight, pitter-patter, crop up, spring, take one look at, sneak a look/glance etc. at, look, hoot, give someone/something the once-over, chirrup, cast, ding, buzz, sighting, descend on, break through, crack, burble, clink, grate, eye contact, caterwaul, come and go, regard, chink, cry, creak, blow, glimpse, patter, chime, cheep, shoot up, stare, fizzle, gander, tweedle, emerge, steal a glance/look, flick, beep, creaking, view, preview, cough, bang, crunch.
- "Popular Adventure Tales", Mayne Reid.
- "Patty's Social Season", Carolyn Wells.
- "The Lost Trail", Edward S. Ellis.