Definition of penguin:
- Any bird of the order Impennes, or Ptilopteri. They are covered with short, thick feathers, almost scalelike on the wings, which are without true quills. They are unable to fly, but use their wings to aid in diving, in which they are very expert. See King penguin, under Jackass.
- The egg- shaped fleshy fruit of a West Indian plant ( Bromelia Pinguin) of the Pineapple family; also, the plant itself, which has rigid, pointed, and spiny- toothed leaves, and is used for hedges.
- "Long Ago, Far Away", William Fitzgerald Jenkins AKA Murray Leinster.
- "The Magic Pudding", Norman Lindsay.
- "Northern California, Oregon, and the Sandwich Islands", Charles Nordhoff.