Definition of perambulation :
1. A district within which one is authorized to make a tour of inspection.
2. An annual survey of boundaries, as of town, a parish, a forest, etc.
3. The act of perambulating; traversing.
- A few minutes more were spent in perambulation, when he threw himself into the chair. - "Newton Forster", Frederick Marryat.
- The rooms are shown thrice a week, and are not, I think, worth the time that one must give to the perambulation. - "A Wanderer in Florence", E. V. Lucas.
- Also, Mr. Donnan's more general perambulation had not turned out well. - "Sweethearts at Home", S. R. Crockett.