Definition of perceive:
- To be affected of influented by.
- To obtain knowledge of through the senses; to receive impressions from by means of the bodily organs; to take cognizance of the existence, character, or identity of, by means of the senses; to see, hear, or feel; as, to perceive a distant ship; to perceive a discord.
- To take intellectual cognizance of; to apprehend by the mind; to be convinced of by direct intuition; to note; to remark; to discern; to see; to understand.
get, decode, discover, decipher, sensation, pick out, descry, grok, encompass, make of, smell, interpret, make out, remark, read, tell, twig, perception, make, cognize, identify, kinaesthetic, assimilate, espy, embrace, assail, spot, cotton, ken, cover, keen, be quick/slow on the uptake, appreciate, assault, knowledge, taste, register, intuit, savvy, learn, scent, seize, acute, apprehend, eye, discriminate, dig, see both sides, distinguish, take, compass, catch on, get the picture, construe, catch, tumble.
- know (part of speech: verb)
- imagine (part of speech: verb)
- observe (part of speech: verb)
- see (part of speech: verb)
- sense (part of speech: verb)
- "With Axe and Rifle", W.H.G. Kingston.
- "The Life and Death of Richard Yea-and-Nay", Maurice Hewlett.
- "Paris As It Was and As It Is", Francis W. Blagdon.