Definition of perform :
1. To carry through; to bring to completion; to achieve; to accomplish; to execute; to do.
2. To discharge; to fulfill; to act up to; as, to perform a duty; to perform a promise or a vow.
3. To do, execute, or accomplish something; to acquit one's self in any business; esp., to represent sometimes by action; to act a part; to play on a musical instrument; as, the players perform poorly; the musician performs on the organ.
4. To represent; to act; to play; as in drama.
run, trump, distinguish yourself, practise, make history, take, show off, substitute, offer, finish, amuse, coiffure, fail, excel, accomplish, put to death, effect, go in for, represent, follow through, cause, portray, coif, deal with, bring off, display, pull off, carry through, work out, complete, extemporize, emcee, implement, consummate, discharge, set, come, smash a record, upstage, prosecute, put on, show, suffice, see to, answer, conjure, debut, make out, carry out, entertain, go on, produce, stage, get along, cap, make, nail, serve, shine, realize, compass, carry on, engage in, neglect, keep, negotiate, dress, interpret, present, enforce, misbehave, manage, fall to, deliver, play-act, performing arts, dispose of, arrange, achieve, action, impersonate, coiffe, actualize, bring to pass, go about, go through with, administer, carry off, muddle through, dramatize, bring about, exhibit, clown, enact, rehearse, give, joke, fulfill, put through, fulfil, fare
behave (part of speech: verb)
endeavor (part of speech: verb)
act (part of speech: verb)
perform music (part of speech: verb)
work (part of speech: verb)
venture (part of speech: verb)
- " I had agreed to perform the operation, that is all, sir. - "From the Housetops", George Barr McCutcheon.
- They are employed to perform manual labor; they are free and independent citizens of this republic. - "Monopolies and the People", D. C. Cloud.
- The question was, should we be able to perform this new duty? - "The Journal of Submarine Commander von Forstner", Georg-GÃ¼nther von Forstner Commentator: John Hays, Jr. Hammond.