Definition of periphery:
- edge (part of speech: noun)
- outline (part of speech: noun)
- objectivity (part of speech: noun)
- "Edison, His Life and Inventions", Frank Lewis Dyer and Thomas Commerford Martin.
So with a dyspeptic self- consciousness he rejected the pork, picked off the periphery of the bread near the crust, cautiously avoiding the dough- bogs in the middle; but then he revenged himself by falling furiously upon the aquatic potatoes, out of which most of the nutriment had been soaked.- "The Mystery of Metropolisville", Edward Eggleston.
- "Peter Ibbetson", George Du Maurier.