Definition of perpendicular:
- A line at right angles to the plane of the horizon; a vertical line or direction.
- A line or plane falling at right angles on another line or surface, or making equal angles with it on each side.
- At right angles to a given line or surface; as, the line ad is perpendicular to the line bc.
- Exactly upright or vertical; pointing to the zenith; at right angles to the plane of the horizon; extending in a right line from any point toward the center of the earth.
unsloped, English-Gothic architecture, carbuncle, inclined plane, comfortable, plumb, level, appointed, english-gothic, raised, stand-up, minute, baronial, chord, upright, right, beachfront, brownstone, flat, upstanding, perpendicular style, carpeted, diameter, axis, plumb line, median, degree, vertical, oblique, outline, square, steep, cavernous, line, rectangular, arc, obtuse, normal, cotangent, curvature, colonial, burned-out, standing, diagonal, cosine, upended, cos, orthogonal, horizontal.
- "True Stories about Cats and Dogs", Eliza Lee Follen.
- "The Scottish Chiefs", Jane Porter.
- "Project Gutenberg History of The Netherlands, 1555-1623, Complete", John Lothrop Motley.