Definition of perseverance :
1. Continuance in a state of grace until it is succeeded by a state of glory; sometimes called final perseverance, and the perseverance of the saints. See Calvinism.
3. The act of persevering; persistence in anything undertaken; continued pursuit or prosecution of any business, or enterprise begun.
labor, drive, persistency, application, industry, tenaciousness, continuity, doggedness, intentness, pertinacity, energy, sedulousness, will, dynamism, attention, ambition, pains, aspiration, assiduity, insistence, continue, motivation, insistency, perseveration, effort, constancy, exertion, resolve
continuation (part of speech: noun)
resolution (part of speech: noun)
diligence, spunk, moxie, fervency, backbone, pluck, headstrongness, faithfulness, decisiveness, dauntlessness, tirelessness, stoniness, resolution, trueness, bullheadedness, determination, fortitude, devotion, staunchness, toughness, stubbornness, courageousness, boldness, heartiness
perseverance (part of speech: noun)
- The restaurant was in the front of the train, and it required perseverance and the opening of many difficult doors to get to it. - "The Pastor's Wife", Elizabeth von Arnim.
- Hope, energy, perseverance, and courage,- all these qualities are learnt in our grand English game. - "A Cotswold Village", J. Arthur Gibbs.
- Would that I had thy perseverance. - "A Maid at King Alfred’s Court", Lucy Foster Madison.