Definition of perseverance:
- Continuance in a state of grace until it is succeeded by a state of glory; sometimes called final perseverance, and the perseverance of the saints. See Calvinism.
- The act of persevering; persistence in anything undertaken; continued pursuit or prosecution of any business, or enterprise begun.
pains, attention, constancy, application, continuity, persistence, intentness, aspiration, industry, labor, ambition, doggedness, tenaciousness, persistency, drive, effort, insistence, tenacity, continue, dynamism, perseveration, resolve, pertinacity, will, exertion, motivation, sedulousness, assiduity, insistency, energy.
- continuation (part of speech: noun)
resolution (part of speech: noun)
- perseverance (part of speech: noun)
- "The Pastor's Wife", Elizabeth von Arnim.
- "A Cotswold Village", J. Arthur Gibbs.
- "A Maid at King Alfred?s Court", Lucy Foster Madison.