Definition of persisting:
- living (part of speech: verb)
- persevering (part of speech: verb)
- continuing (part of speech: verb)
- abiding (part of speech: verb)
- resolving (part of speech: verb)
- remaining (part of speech: verb)
- "Morals in Trade and Commerce", Frank B. Anderson.
- "The Harbor", Ernest Poole.
At chapel, as well as in the place of her confinement, she declared she absolutely forgave him who had brought her to that ignominious end, as freely as she hoped forgiveness from her Creator; and with these professions she left the world at Tyburn, on the same day with the before- mentioned malefactor, being then about thirty- four years of age, persisting even at the place of execution in the denial of the fact.- "Lives Of The Most Remarkable Criminals Who have been Condemned and Executed for Murder, the Highway, Housebreaking, Street Robberies, Coining or other offences", Arthur L. Hayward.