Definition of perspicuous :
1. Capable of being through; transparent; translucent; not opaque.
2. Clear to the understanding; capable of being clearly understood; clear in thought or in expression; not obscure or ambiguous; as, a perspicuous writer; perspicuous statements.
liquid, transparent, unambiguous, diaphanous, obvious, pellucid, unmistakable, distinct, crystalline, unadorned, luculent, evident, logical, apparent, explicit, crystal clear, unequivocal, limpid, translucent, manifest
intelligible (part of speech: adjective)
- She who had known only honest men as friends, in one blind moment lost her perspicuous sense; her instinct seemed asleep. - "Northern Lights", Gilbert Parker.
- It is brief, perspicuous, and satisfactory. - "A Bibliographical, Antiquarian and Picturesque Tour in France and Germany, Volume One", Thomas Frognall Dibdin.
- The sign of possession is placed too far from the name, to form a construction that is either perspicuous or agreeable. - "The Grammar of English Grammars", Goold Brown.