Definition of pesky:
- causing irritation or annoyance; " tapping an annoying rhythm on his glass with his fork"; " aircraft noise is particularly bothersome near the airport"; " found it galling to have to ask permission"; " an irritating delay"; " nettlesome paperwork"; " a pesky mosquito"; " swarms of pestering gnats"; " a plaguey newfangled safety catch"; " a teasing and persistent thought annoyed him"; " a vexatious child"; " it is vexing to have to admit you are wrong"
- Pestering; vexatious; troublesome. Used also as an intensive.
pestilential, peckish, aggravating, quizzical, rankling, peevish, nettling, riling, vexatious, disagreeable, pesty, rebarbative, dirty, chafing, unbearable, mean, troublesome, painful, scratchy, galling, perversive, nettlesome, infuriating, teasing, techy, disturbing, pestilent, pestiferous, mocking, irritative, fractious, plaguey, bothersome, provoking, corruptive, vexing, irritable, cranky, carking, pestering, irksome, plaguy, wicked, easy, pettish, petulant, pathetic, maddening, frustrating, exasperating, abrasive, tetchy, testy, peeving, obscene, annoying, irritating.
- "Thankful Rest", Annie S. Swan.
- "Roy Blakeley's Camp on Wheels", Percy Keese Fitzhugh.
- "The Story of a Doctor's Telephone--Told by His Wife", Ellen M. Firebaugh.