Definition of pet :
1. A cade lamb; a lamb brought up by hand.
2. A slight fit of peevishness or fretfulness.
3. Any person or animal especially cherished and indulged; a fondling; a darling; often, a favorite child.
4. Petted; indulged; admired; cherished; as, a pet child; a pet lamb; a pet theory.
5. To be a pet.
6. To treat as a pet; to fondle; to indulge; as, she was petted and spoiled.
ruffle, favourite, fair-haired, adult, big game, cherished, the apple of someone's eye, mate, sister, top, flatter, favored, hug, foreplay, feel up, preferred, canoodle, longed-for, beast, fool around, desirable, coddle, front-runner, court, arachnid, make out, cunnilingus, spoon, animal, sweet, arthropod, kiss, ducky, sugar, bro, the light of someone's life, white-headed, sex, neck, loved, someone's baby, beast of burden, bud, pamper, goose, desired, romeo, grope, wanted, fond, romantic, my man, deary, lover, bear, to die for, baby, admirer, pardner, special, caress, biped, amphibian, like, fellatio, French kiss, hold, worshiper, positron emission tomography, pat, dearie, babe
caress (part of speech: verb)
darling (part of speech: noun)
- The letters from the strange women with pet names she glanced carelessly through, and then put them aside. - "Desperate Remedies", Thomas Hardy.
- " Is it not a little pet? - "David Elginbrod", George MacDonald.
- McConkey evidently noticed that he had not aimed his pet quite straight. - "The Red Hand of Ulster", George A. Birmingham.