Definition of pet:
- A cade lamb; a lamb brought up by hand.
- A slight fit of peevishness or fretfulness.
- Any person or animal especially cherished and indulged; a fondling; a darling; often, a favorite child.
- Petted; indulged; admired; cherished; as, a pet child; a pet lamb; a pet theory.
- To be a pet.
- To treat as a pet; to fondle; to indulge; as, she was petted and spoiled.
arachnid, romeo, pamper, big game, spoon, cherished, special, neck, adult, bear, fool around, French kiss, pat, beast, desired, fellatio, bro, court, pardner, animal, beast of burden, favorite, make out, someone's baby, to die for, the light of someone's life, mate, arachnid, preferred, worshiper, hold, sex, feel up, canoodle, positron emission tomography, romantic, wanted, coddle, caress, favored, darling, grope, ruffle, sister, deary, white-headed, bud, loved, foreplay, arthropod, sugar, flatter, baby, admirer, hug, sweet, favourite, the apple of someone's eye, babe, kiss, longed-for, like, lover, fair-haired, fond, desirable, cunnilingus, top, biped, my man, front-runner, goose, dearie, amphibian, ducky.
- "Desperate Remedies", Thomas Hardy.
- "David Elginbrod", George MacDonald.
- "The Red Hand of Ulster", George A. Birmingham.