Definition of petty:
junior, narrow, subordinate, peanut, trifling, measly, slight, tiny, provincial, little, nominal, inconsiderable, midget, niggard, illiberal, fractious, insignificant, lowly, lilliputian, petit larceny, footling, niggling, under, junior-grade, cheap, moody, niggardly, superficial, pinching, de minimis, picayune, bad-tempered, over, short, sensitive, piffling, temperamental, low, lesser, small-minded, costive, minute, important, sectarian, piddling, Mickey Mouse, diminutive, close, inconsequential, minor-league, short-tempered, paltry, hot-tempered, minor, pimping, petite, petty larceny, flyspeck, trivial, narrow-minded, lower-ranking, penurious, unimportant, no-account, give, secondary, wide, bantam, smalltime, limited, frivolous, chicken, minuscule, fiddling, piddly, nugatory, small, negligible, close-fisted, tightfisted, subaltern, inferior, lower.
- irritable (part of speech: adjective)
- inferior (part of speech: noun)
- mean (part of speech: verb)
- stingy (part of speech: adjective)
- unimportant (part of speech: adjective)
- "Diary of Samuel Pepys, Complete Transcribed From The Shorthand Manuscript In The Pepysian Library Magdalene College Cambridge By The Rev. Mynors Bright", Samuel Pepys Commentator: Lord Braybrooke.
- "The Burning Spear", John Galsworthy.
- "Poems with Power to Strengthen the Soul", Various.