Definition of philanthropic:
kindhearted, philanthropical, public-spirited, nonprofit, charitable, sympathetic, freehearted, openhanded, civic-minded, good-hearted, patriotic, large-hearted, giving, kindly, benevolent, eleemosynary, give, openhearted, beneficent, liberal, helpful.
- benevolent (part of speech: adjective)
- philanthropic (part of speech: adjective)
- generous (part of speech: adjective)
- "Marital Power Exemplified in Mrs. Packard's Trial, and Self-Defence from the Charge of Insanity", Elizabeth Parsons Ware Packard.
The Stadholder of Friesland, one of the foremost men of his day in military and scientific affairs, in administrative ability and philanthropic instincts, and, in a family perhaps the most renowned in Europe for heroic qualities and achievements, hardly second to any who had borne the name, was in favour of the proposed interview, spoke immediately to Prince Maurice about it, but was not hopeful as to its results.- "The Life of John of Barneveld, 1618", John Lothrop Motley.
- "The United States Since The Civil War", Charles Ramsdell Lingley.