Definition of physician :
1. A person skilled in physic, or the art of healing; one duty authorized to prescribe remedies for, and treat, diseases; a doctor of medicine.
2. Hence, figuratively, one who ministers to moral diseases; as, a physician of the soul.
doctor, clinician, medic, medico, Md, cardiologist, doc, medical student, anesthetist, atomic number 101, analyst, doctor of medicine, anaesthetist, croaker, dermatologist, consultant, anesthesiologist, coroner, surgeon, sawbones, mendelevium, chiropractor, Dr.
- " Then I resolved to be a physician. - "Rose of Dutcher's Coolly", Hamlin Garland.
- I don't understand what excuse she has, though, with a physician for her husband. - "The Quality of Mercy", W. D. Howells.
- He waited an hour, then went to the room where slept the secretary and the physician. - "Foes", Mary Johnston.