Definition of picking:
- Done or made as with a pointed tool; as, a picking sound.
- Nice; careful.
- of Pick
- Overburned bricks.
- Pilfering; also, that which is pilfered.
- Rough sorting of ore.
- That which is, or may be, picked or gleaned.
- The act of choosing, plucking, or gathering.
- The act of digging or breaking up, as with a pick.
- The pulverized shells of oysters used in making walks.
- "When Egypt Went Broke", Holman Day.
- "Elsie Dinsmore", Martha Finley.
So, when it was picking up Sindbad, Florrie and I thought it wouldn't know if we got on its back too: so I got up first, and then I pulled up Florrie, and we put our arms round its neck, and away it flew.- "The Ethics of the Dust", John Ruskin.