Definition of picnic:
- Formerly, an entertainment at which each person contributed some dish to a common table; now, an excursion or pleasure party in which the members partake of a collation or repast ( usually in the open air, and from food carried by themselves).
- To go on a picnic, or pleasure excursion; to eat in public fashion.
joy ride, girth, centering, snap bean, duck soup, cake, roses, BBQ, buffet, try, crack, gingersnap, a bite, cool, chewy, jaunt, calorific, sure thing, child's play, party, lark, cakewalk, cream puff, catch, snatch, barbie, caramelized, take, snapshot, expedition, zephyr, easy street, ginger snap, cookout, snap, sashay, fun and games, swallow, breakfast bar, grab, press stud, cinch, walkover, elasticity, creamy, manage, pleasure trip, crisp, buttery, cracking, play, box lunch, ginger nut, kid stuff, breeze, touch, pushover, junket, brunch, excursion, air, field day, snap fastener, crispy, chilled, cream, have, shot, hog heaven, outing, gentle wind, piece of cake.
- eat (part of speech: verb)
- meal (part of speech: noun)
- "The Landlord at Lion's Head, Complete", William Dean Howells Last Updated: February 27, 2009.
- "Comrade Yetta", Albert Edwards.
- "The Magnetic North", Elizabeth Robins (C. E. Raimond).