Definition of picture:
- A representation of anything ( as a person, a landscape, a building) upon canvas, paper, or other surface, produced by means of painting, drawing, engraving, photography, etc.; a representation in colors. By extension, a figure; a model.
- An image or resemblance; a representation, either to the eye or to the mind; that which, by its likeness, brings vividly to mind some other thing; as, a child is the picture of his father; the man is the picture of grief.
- The art of painting; representation by painting.
- To draw or paint a resemblance of; to delineate; to represent; to form or present an ideal likeness of; to bring before the mind.
enactment, fantasize, depression, image, opinion, realize, panorama, describe, pageant, word picture, spectacle, regard, feeling, express, go through, film, delineate, imagine, pic, brief, return, prototype, picture show, demo, go for, scenery, supply, examine, come across, reckon, prospect, take care, oil, stamp, ensure, trademark, survey, go steady, mental image, ascertain, delineation, render, map, furnish, work out, flick, tantrum, evidence, concerned, send off, impression, icon, mosaic, see, watch, envision, paradigm, aspect, poster, conceive, range, ringer, motion picture, ikon, establish, graph, understand, commercial, witness, jut, demonstrate, feature, setting, draw, vision, cinema, motion-picture show, fork over, consider, celluloid, visualize, represent, mezzotint, mental picture, see to it, realise, get wind, fit, simulacrum, look-alike, yield, skeleton, depiction, register, propose, tapestry, scene, try, find out, figure of speech, plot, video recording, control, part of, read, figure, characterization, compute, television, bear witness, translate, look, hear, forecast, painting, show, go out, take in, experience, calculate, etching, turn in, submit, portray, moving picture, knowledge, run across, stick out, run into, usher, take to, indicate, point, idea, description, spitting image, depicting, find, notion, moving-picture show, prove, persona, movie, vulnerability, record, design, enter, draft, project, exhibit, print, discover, externalise, fork up, house painting, personation, get word, protrude, shot, insure, advertisement, imprint, date, telecasting, duplicate, range of a function, catch, belief, encounter, meet, chart, present, get a line, ad, pictorial matter, pick up, determine, conniption, considered, characterisation, assure, interpret, engraving, estimate, trope, count on, plastic film, line drawing, construe, understanding, double, check, visit, provide, portraying, deliver, externalize, effect, word-painting, jut out, view, give, still, vista, envisage, fork out, hand over, cypher, depict, limn, testify, learn, epitome, video, fancy, photo, evince, foresee, printing, cipher, show up, cut, escort, contrive, throw, same, exposure, attend, photographic film, animation, limning, designate, visualise, shew, think, generate.
- drawing (part of speech: noun)
representation (part of speech: noun)