Definition of piece :
1. A castle; a fortified building.
2. A coin; as, a sixpenny piece; - formerly applied specifically to an English gold coin worth 22 shillings.
3. A definite portion or quantity, as of goods or work; as, a piece of broadcloth; a piece of wall paper.
4. A fact; an item; as, a piece of news; a piece of knowledge.
5. A fragment or part of anything separated from the whole, in any manner, as by cutting, splitting, breaking, or tearing; a part; a portion; as, a piece of sugar; to break in pieces.
6. A literary or artistic composition; as, a piece of poetry, music, or statuary.
7. A musket, gun, or cannon; as, a battery of six pieces; a following piece.
8. An individual; - applied to a person as being of a certain nature or quality; often, but not always, used slightingly or in contempt.
9. Any one thing conceived of as apart from other things of the same kind; an individual article; a distinct single effort of a series; a definite performance
10. One of the superior men, distinguished from a pawn.
11. To make, enlarge, or repair, by the addition of a piece or pieces; to patch; as, to piece a garment; - often with out.
12. To unite by a coalescence of parts; to fit together; to join.
13. To unite; to join; to combine.
penning, automatic, constitution, organism, assemblage, temporary hookup, commentary, military man, carry, darn, thing, set up, treatment, dapple, region, arm, while, a bit, drama, change, frame, parting, flip-flop, writing, mankind, radius, classified ad, air gun, clean, study at part, mouthful, spot, act, military personnel, fix, board game, effectuate, baste, froth, put together, opera, second, pageant, mo, spell, scrap, sample, hang on, stuff, human race, launch, arrange, words, adult male, tack, BB gun, charm, object, go, a little, trance, art, derringer, ballet, counter, heat, physical composition, depth, patch, humans, raise, cull, append, morsel, dissertation, human beings, story, substructure, foregather, remnant, byline, criticism, participate, cheesecake, banner headline, wear round, billow, bandage, report, erect, persona, opus, moment, beak, rig, tack on, function, man, detail, order, instalment, turn, pluck, typography, human being, bite, theme, homo, install, flake, put up, climb, makeup, tag on, hairsbreadth, composition, drop, paper, play, essay, humanity, snatch, Chinese checkers, length, do, coin, discussion, gather, banknote, valet, world, small-arm, trace, fleck, slash, plunk, instal, rear, fade, aria, unit, foam, taster, ready, voice, cartoon, reveal, pitch, melodrama, musical composition, checkers, stretch, tack together, get together, contribution, memoir, back catalog, gear up, homily, make-up, effect, assemble, work, cash, break up, bread, whole, domino, tell, pick, office, forgather, plot of land, hint, review, peck, lump, lay out, entity, component part, dole, 0.45, big, study, novel, find fault, canon, advice column, suite, way, entrap, crumb, alternate, creation, maculation, artwork, eyepatch, exposition, poem, switch, range, patch up, talk, bagatelle, distance, atom, background, put in, objet d'art, fine art, song, humankind, arrangement, bucks, production, piece of music, harmonization, block, backgammon, found, theatrical role, reach, knot, chef d'oeuvre, put, hunk, prepare, minute, chip, squib, plot, blame, magic spell, gash, fiber, character, descant, fog, sketch, plot of ground, air rifle, flip, ensnare, human, valet de chambre, nibble, meet, chess, checker, copper, announcement, magical spell, fibre, tour, particle, gentleman's gentleman, enchantment, composing, thesis, centerfold, step, checkerboard, bill, space, speckle, take, establish, discourse, mend, gentleman, hank, bits and pieces, interchange, coinage, make, paragraph, authorship, slicing, routine, treatise, foot, monologue, set, art object, cloud, role, serviceman, end
amount (part of speech: noun)
component (part of speech: noun)
allotment (part of speech: noun)
apportionment, assignment, quantum, dispensation, commission, lot, allotment, parcel, part, segment, stipend, partition, chunk, ration, percentage, division, split, budget, portion, quota, share, slice, stake, proportion, allocation, measure, allowance
fraction (part of speech: noun)
weapon (part of speech: noun)
Colt, bullet, ammunition, arrow, blowpipe, ax, trigger, Sidewinder, Remington, carbine, Browning, battery, shell, artillery, stiletto, peashooter, torpedo, ordnance, heater, sword, rifle, firearm, flamethrower, machine gun, dagger, javelin, spear, shooter, handgun, broadsword, blowgun, muzzle, bayonet, machete, rocket, mortar, bilbo, gun, mace, knife, weapon, bow and arrow, pistol, armament, revolver, blunderbuss, repeater, saber, cannon, club, missile, lance, scimitar, luger, weaponry, bomber, musket, boomerang, Winchester, shotgun, rapier, claymore, cutlass, bazooka, howitzer
portion (part of speech: verb)
- They could do so more easily for having heard how the piece ought to sound. - "Johann Sebastian Bach", Johann Nikolaus Forkel and Charles Sanford Terry.
- See," said I, and I handed her a piece of gold. - "Cord and Creese", James de Mille.
- And, remember, it is the only piece of evidence against me. - "The Picture of Dorian Gray", Oscar Wilde.