Definition of pigment:
- Any material from which a dye, a paint, or the like, may be prepared; particularly, the refined and purified coloring matter ready for mixing with an appropriate vehicle.
- Any one of the colored substances found in animal and vegetable tissues and fluids, as bilirubin, urobilin, chlorophyll, etc.
- Wine flavored with species and honey.
- "Photogravure", Henry R. Blaney.
One might as well try to make a white rose red by rouging its petals as to mould a child according to one's own idea of what he should be; and as the beauty and delicacy of the rose would be spoiled by the application of the pigment, so is the baby's nervous system twisted and contracted by the limiting force of a grosser will.- "As a Matter of Course", Annie Payson Call.
- "Noble Redman", Jesse Franklin Bone.