Definition of piles :
1. Of or pertaining to a mountain or mountains; growing or living on a mountain; found on or peculiar to mountains; among mountains; as, a mountain torrent; mountain pines; mountain goats; mountain air; mountain howitzer.
2. The small, troublesome tumors or swellings about the anus and lower part of the rectum which are technically called hemorrhoids. See Hemorrhoids. [ The singular pile is sometimes used.]
textures (part of speech: noun)
- Heaps of stone and piles of lumber were scattered about in great disorder. - "The House of a Thousand Candles", Meredith Nicholson.
- " None of the other Piles have started to heat? - "The Star Lord", Boyd Ellanby.
- Around through the night were flung the distant glow- dots of the burning straw piles, and as he filled his lungs with the fresh sweet air the hope of better days warmed the heart of the belated traveller. - "Deep Furrows", Hopkins Moorhouse.