Definition of pill:
- A medicine in the form of a little ball, or small round mass, to be swallowed whole.
- Figuratively, something offensive or nauseous which must be accepted or endured.
- The peel or skin.
- To be peeled; to peel off in flakes.
- To deprive of hair; to make bald.
- To peel; to make by removing the skin.
- To rob; to plunder; to pillage; to peel. See Peel, to plunder.
anovulatory drug, diaphragm, pad of paper, pellet, antacid, tablet, barrier method, dependence, anovulant, anesthetic, jerk, crack den, abortion, amphetamine, check, birth control, cold turkey, pad, contraceptive pill, anaesthetic, abortionist, crackhouse, prophylactic, oral contraceptive pill, tab key, bore, antibiotic, capsule, clean, condom, oral contraceptive, birth control pill, like, dweeb, chit, contraceptive, analgesic, drip, addiction, abuse, poop, tab, bust, coil, contraception, tabloid, yellow journalism, nerd, antidepressant, anticoagulant, comedown, abortionist, anabolic steroid, lozenge.
- "Penrod and Sam", Booth Tarkington.
Everything you ever hearn on, and everything you ever didn't hearn on, from the finest lace to iron gates and fences- From big, splendid rooms, all furnished off in the most splendid manner with the most gorgeous draperies and furniture, to a tiny gold and diamond ring for a baby, and everything else under the sun, moon, and stars, from a pill to a monument.- "Samantha at the World's Fair", Marietta Holley.
- "Daybreak: A Romance of an Old World", James Cowan.