Definition of pitcher:
- A sort of crowbar for digging.
- A tubular or cuplike appendage or expansion of the leaves of certain plants.
- A wide- mouthed, deep vessel for holding liquids, with a spout or protruding lip and a handle; a water jug or jar with a large ear or handle.
- One who pitches anything, as hay, quoits, a ball, etc.; specifically ( Baseball), the player who delivers the ball to the batsman.
hurler, knoll, hill, ball game, hummock, aerosol, hammock, twirler, bottle, container, bath, batter, mound, the Cy Young Award, pitcherful, ampoule, cumulus, cumulation, pile, vessel, All-Star game, pitcher's mound, butt, the American League, atomizer, the Golden Glove Awards, bush league, catcher, designated hitter, hillock, barrel, player, jug, basin, baton twirler, heap, ewer, agglomerate.
- "My Little Lady", Eleanor Frances Poynter.
- "Poems of Rural Life in the Dorset Dialect", William Barnes.
- "Isaac T. Hopper", L. Maria Child.