Definition of pitching :
1. A facing of stone laid upon a bank to prevent wear by tides or currents.
2. of Pitch
3. The act of throwing or casting; a cast; a pitch; as, wild pitching in baseball.
4. The rough paving of a street to a grade with blocks of stone.
motivating (part of speech: verb)
inspiring, energizing, enticing, bumping, fermenting, jolting, hurtling, nudging, hastening, inducing, moving, jerking, magnetizing, jostling, poking, fomenting, triggering, motivating, striking, prompting, jogging, stimulating, knocking, shooting, forcing, punching, instigating, encouraging, urging, provoking
propelling (part of speech: verb)
flicking, lobbing, chucking, slinging, driving, hurling, butting, precipitating, catapulting, tossing, bowling, heaving, canting, casting, throwing, pushing, flinging, thrusting, launching, projecting, goading, propelling, impelling, bunting, firing, compelling, ramming, shoving, prodding, pelting, shunting
plunging (part of speech: adjective)
- You commonly make your camp just at sundown, and are collecting wood, getting your supper, or pitching your tent while the shades of night are gathering around and adding to the already dense gloom of the forest. - "Canoeing in the wilderness", Henry David Thoreau.
- When it came to pitching, she did not star. - "The Cricket", Marjorie Cooke.
- I said, pitching on the only thing that pleased me. - "Daisy", Elizabeth Wetherell.