Definition of pity:
- A feeling for the sufferings or distresses of another or others; sympathy with the grief or misery of another; compassion; fellow- feeling; commiseration.
- A reason or cause of pity, grief, or regret; a thing to be regretted.
- To be compassionate; to show pity.
- To feel pity or compassion for; to have sympathy with; to compassionate; to commiserate; to have tender feelings toward ( any one), awakened by a knowledge of suffering.
- To move to pity; - used impersonally.
compassion, good, be sorry, disgrace, condole with, unselfishness, condolence, favor, bummer, make encouraging/sympathetic etc. noises, feel, hatred, kindness, misfortune, humanity, commiseration, understanding, spare, shame, clemency, take pity on someone, compunction, pathos, ache, crime, benevolence, grace, sympathize with, disaster, extend/offer your sympathy/sympathies, condolences, ignominy, catastrophe, compassionate, compassionateness, charity, gentleness, mischance, blessing, sympathise, benignity, kindliness, empathy, severity, fellow feeling, lenity, pardon, forgiveness, yearn, philanthropy, forgive, mishap, poignancy, lenience, Ruth, feel for, forbearance, feel sorry for someone, sentiment, affinity, mildness.