Definition of place :
1. A broad way in a city; an open space; an area; a court or short part of a street open only at one end.
2. A definite position or passage of a document.
3. A position which is occupied and held; a dwelling; a mansion; a village, town, or city; a fortified town or post; a stronghold; a region or country.
4. Any portion of space regarded as measured off or distinct from all other space, or appropriated to some definite object or use; position; ground; site; spot; rarely, unbounded space.
5. Ordinal relation; position in the order of proceeding; as, he said in the first place.
6. Position in the heavens, as of a heavenly body; - usually defined by its right ascension and declination, or by its latitude and longitude.
7. Rank; degree; grade; order of priority, advancement, dignity, or importance; especially, social rank or position; condition; also, official station; occupation; calling.
8. Reception; effect; - implying the making room for.
9. The position of first, second, or third at the finish, esp. the second position. In betting, to win a bet on a horse for place it must, in the United States, finish first or second, in England, usually, first, second, or third.
10. To assign a place to; to put in a particular spot or place, or in a certain relative position; to direct to a particular place; to fix; to settle; to locate; as, to place a book on a shelf; to place balls in tennis.
11. To attribute; to ascribe; to set down.
12. To determine or announce the place of at the finish. Usually, in horse racing only the first three horses are placed officially.
13. To place- kick ( a goal).
14. To put or set in a particular rank, office, or position; to surround with particular circumstances or relations in life; to appoint to certain station or condition of life; as, in whatever sphere one is placed.
15. To put out at interest; to invest; to loan; as, to place money in a bank.
16. To set; to fix; to repose; as, to place confidence in a friend.
17. Vacated or relinquished space; room; stead ( the departure or removal of another being or thing being implied).
government agency, stake, property, power, tush, posterior, specify, coiffure, put in, go under, dwelling, congeal, localise, empower, consecrate, rest home, step to the fore, roll, signal, stain, go down, head, berth, erupt, view, space, push through, bespeak, describe, domicile, enjoin, vagabond, derriere, habitation, dig, ramble, step forward, bum, prescribe, propose, billet, slot, arse, ship, emerge, trust, dedicate, conduct, quarters, engineer, protrude, coif, personate, mystify, base, household, smear, come in, sit, air, job, put up, mail, regularize, purport, dress, family, can, maculation, channelize, part, blank space, devote, transmit, come, come out of the closet, military position, endue, behind, out, backside, baffle, sic, outer space, authority, gravel, piazza, buns, abode, come forward, butt, institutionalize, suburb, court, graze, community, amaze, flummox, value, sharpen, nonplus, define, tail, key out, dwelling house, level, fleck, moorage, turn out, note, turn up, go forth, tell, postal service, intrust, redact, military post, come out, bug out, hind end, focalise, bewilder, manoeuvre, rump, placement, hindquarters, shopping mall, drift, repoint, smirch, name, accommodation, short letter, go into, roam, pop out, perspective, come forth, take aim, side, start, extent, say, compass, put down, pip, adorn, surface, deposit, endow, show, send out, prop, steer, plaza, square, yield, speckle, office, issue, run, send, take, prat, set out, smudge, holding, confide, correct, stupefy, charge, countersink, govern, appointment, lieu, fundament, enter, rig, indicate, residence, yard, reservation, agency, commit, state of affairs, stern, distance, drive, shoes, rear end, transport, point, practice, entrust, volume, keister, locale, slur, swan, manoeuver, stance, lead, protection, do, browse, gear up, interpose, quad, get into, coiffe, channelise, indue, house, tramp, egress, bulge out, present, taper, regularise, inject, nursing home, section, seat, substitute, pop, pull, center, beam, gift, infinite, mooring, train, break through, bunk, tooshie, attitude, get, office staff, calculate, key, distinguish, give, rear, interject, slip, repose, step up, move into, come on, menage, bureau, shoot for, vex, stick, fanny, impersonate, room, typeset, jell, rove, straddle, get in, mall, model, ass, trade, dapple, crop, blank, function, stray, enthrone, send off, ready, stead, spotlight, perplex, limit, aspire, bulge, lodging, vest, luff, built in bed, purpose, show up, belongings, tail end, ordinate, occupation, park, bottom, identify, puzzle, outrank, get off, orient, home base, appear, designate, patch, come to the fore, couch, dimension, touch, draw a bead on, focalize, locating, broadcast, topographic point, home plate, mastermind, shopping center, organise, go in, blot, direct, gig, mail service, carry, spatial relation, betoken, shopping centre, move over for, posture, wander, institutionalise, maneuver, guide, determine, federal agency, lay out, perpetrate, localize, fall out, surrender to, daub, buttocks, business office, throw in, dictate, pasture, profession, fructify, invest, pose, aim, nates, plate, address, induct, bit, clothe, niche, ordain, home, target, positioning, line, void, dumbfound
location (part of speech: noun)
situate (part of speech: verb)
order (part of speech: verb)
harmonize, maintain, orchestrate, array, plot, control, form, stabilize, order, program, adjust, separate, type, shape, unify, systematize, collate, stratify, categorize, compose, class, sort, classify, sift, integrate, group, design, plan, normalize, scheme, subordinate, pigeonhole, devise, regulate, schematize, score, arrange, fix, screen, settle, schedule, balance, mediate, organize, grade, unsnarl, right, rank, support, structure, frame, establish, prepare, methodize, rate, chart, marshal, rationalize
place (part of speech: noun)
install (part of speech: verb)
title (part of speech: noun)
locate (part of speech: verb)
region (part of speech: noun)
domain, borough, county, duchy, district, Shire, region, beat, town, sector, division, tract, state, quarter, kingdom, canton, neighborhood, territory, zone, area, city, locality, dukedom, province, parcel, earldom, field, circuit, municipality, commonweal, colony, lot, riding, realm, nation, bailiwick, empire, precinct, country
precedence (part of speech: noun)
rank (part of speech: noun)
attribute (part of speech: verb)