Definition of plane :
1. A block or plate having a perfectly flat surface, used as a standard of flatness; a surface plate.
2. A surface, real or imaginary, in which, if any two points are taken, the straight line which joins them lies wholly in that surface; or a surface, any section of which by a like surface is a straight line; a surface without curvature.
3. A tool for smoothing boards or other surfaces of wood, for forming moldings, etc. It consists of a smooth- soled stock, usually of wood, from the under side or face of which projects slightly the steel cutting edge of a chisel, called the iron, which inclines backward, with an apperture in front for the escape of shavings; as, the jack plane; the smoothing plane; the molding plane, etc.
4. An ideal surface, conceived as coinciding with, or containing, some designated astronomical line, circle, or other curve; as, the plane of an orbit; the plane of the ecliptic, or of the equator.
5. Any tree of the genus Platanus.
6. Figuratively, to make plain or smooth.
7. Of a boat, to lift more or less out of the water while in motion, after the manner of a hydroplane; to hydroplane.
8. To efface or remove.
9. To make smooth; to level; to pare off the inequalities of the surface of, as of a board or other piece of wood, by the use of a plane; as, to plane a plank.
10. Without elevations or depressions; even; level; flat; lying in, or constituting, a plane; as, a plane surface.
skim over, infantile, chase, bed sheet, cut, cream, sail, flat solid, Planing Machine, arc, full-blown, shave, hurdle, crimp, skitter, developed, savourless, plain, monotonous, airliner, chord, flat, fretsaw, savorless, matted, tack, straight, B-52, fully-fledged, study at level, axis, Air Force One, immature, dive, mat, hop, ax, two-dimensional, flavorless, categorical, tied, matt, aircraft, unwavering, categoric, spring, sheet, diameter, flush, monotonic, prostrate, vapid, dress, bound, flail, bland, horizontal, line, vault, scan, knock off, outline, planar, trim, skim off, mainsheet, biplane, chip away, inclined plane, card, airship, canvass, unconditional, skip, airplane, diagonal, run down, rake, canvas, leap, fully-grown, flavourless, compressed, growth, skim, sheet of paper, weather sheet, full-grown, woodworking plane, curvature, monotone, tabloid, matte, insipid, shroud, cream off, carpenter's plane, jump, chop, glance over, adz, full-fledged, grown, aeroplane, balloon, Airbus, fly, rag, piece of paper
flatten (part of speech: verb)
extent (part of speech: noun)
smooth (part of speech: verb)
tool (part of speech: noun)
grindstone, punch, band saw, sickle, mallet, hedge trimmer, file, lathe, shears, square, hatchet, chain saw, crosscut saw, cold chisel, spoke shave, pliers, tool, level, hacksaw, spade, wedge, stapler, calipers, jointer, auger, bow saw, shovel, wrecking bar, sledgehammer, claw hammer, emery wheel, screwdriver, chisel, trowel, miter box, welder, handsaw, crowbar, ball-peen hammer, snips, back saw, scythe, saw, spanner, scissors, lug wrench, planer, coping saw, tire iron, vise, grapnel, radial arm saw, jackknife, scroll saw, hammer, circular saw, edger, wrench, axe, pickax, drill, machete, awl, pick, bench drill, buzz saw, arc welder, jigsaw, table saw, drill press, tin snips, hoe, keyhole saw, posthole auger, pipe wrench, knife, monkey wrench, ripsaw, gouge
trees (part of speech: noun)