Definition of plantation:
- An original settlement in a new country; a colony.
- The act or practice of planting, or setting in the earth for growth.
- The place planted; land brought under cultivation; a piece of ground planted with trees or useful plants; esp., in the United States and West Indies, a large estate appropriated to the production of the more important crops, and cultivated by laborers who live on the estate; as, a cotton plantation; a coffee plantation.
- "Grain and Chaff from an English Manor", Arthur H. Savory.
- "In Indian Mexico (1908)", Frederick Starr.
- "The Crisis, Complete", Winston Churchill Last Updated: March 6, 2009.