Definition of planting :
1. of Plant
2. That which is planted; a plantation.
3. The act or operation of setting in the ground for propagation, as seeds, trees, shrubs, etc.; the forming of plantations, as of trees; the carrying on of plantations, as of sugar, coffee, etc.
4. The laying of the first courses of stone in a foundation.
installing (part of speech: verb)
interring (part of speech: verb)
- It is interesting to know how these old groves and plantations ever came into existence in a land where at that time there was practically no tree- planting. - "Far Away and Long Ago", W. H. Hudson.
- When that day comes, I must take my revenge, and turn gardener again; for I find I am much given to planting. - "The Works Of John Dryden, Vol. 7 (of 18) The Duke of Guise; Albion and Albanius; Don Sebastian", John Dryden.
- They must travel farther, and to be forced to stop now, and thus lose precious plowing and planting days for the first season's crop, was a bitter disappointment. - "The Lost Wagon", James Arthur Kjelgaard.