Definition of plenteous :
1. Containing plenty; abundant; copious; plentiful; sufficient for every purpose; as, a plenteous supply.
2. Having plenty; abounding; rich.
3. Yielding abundance; productive; fruitful.
complete, full-bodied, full, profuse, deep, affluent, liberal, substantial, racy, overflowing, robust, heavy, fertile, luxuriant, exuberant, generous, copious, productive, voluminous, fat, sizeable, abounding, replete, teeming, big, plenitudinous, give, bounteous, sizable, rich, large, lavish
sufficient (part of speech: adjective)
- For it seems to me now, in this cool grim grayness of my present way, with the cloisters for my kingdom and the nimbused frescoes on the walls for my old- time ballads and romances, as if my life that was so sunburnt and wine- sweetened and woman- kissed, my life that seemed to me as bright, every second of it, as bright ducats rushing in a pleasant plenteous stream from one hand to another, was after all intended to be no more than a kind of ironic commentary on, and petty contrast to, the life of my friend. - "The God of Love", Justin Huntly McCarthy.
- But why should we be toiling, What need our hands of soiling, While plenteous fruits are growing; With bounteous Nature flowing? - "'A Comedy of Errors' in Seven Acts", Spokeshave (AKA Old Fogy).
- Its harvests have been plenteous; its varied industries have thriven; the health of its people has been preserved; it has maintained with foreign governments the undisturbed relations of amity and peace. - "Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to the Present", Various.