Definition of pliable:
bending, waxen, moldable, tractile, teachable, adaptable, impressionable, workable, flexible, malleable, fictile, flexuous, limber, suggestible, supple, bendable, impressible, docile, waxlike, susceptible, tensile, waxy, flexile, change, bendable, irresolute, supple, workable, adaptive, obedient, ductile, adjustable, pliant, elastic, conciliatory, manageable, whippy, compromising.
- fickle (part of speech: adjective)
- willing (part of speech: adjective)
- soft (part of speech: adjective)
- "Mabel's Mistake", Ann S. Stephens.
Cranmer could be counted on to be pliable in that matter, and if Cromwell made difficulties, a sword was hanging over him that could be made to fall at any moment, and Henry knew that the death of the man who had been the terror of England for ten years would be hailed with enthusiasm by the whole nation.- "Studies from Court and Cloister", J.M. Stone.
- "Success (Second Edition)", Max Aitken Beaverbrook.