Definition of plural :
1. Relating to, or containing, more than one; designating two or more; as, a plural word.
2. The plural number; that form of a word which expresses or denotes more than one; a word in the plural form.
plural (part of speech: adjective)
- The verb has six tenses, formed by the addition of a consonant to the root, and six persons, plural and singular, masculine and feminine. - "Across the Zodiac", Percy Greg.
- Such towers are called Shuneh in the singular, Shuan in the plural. - "Byeways in Palestine", James Finn.
- Till the beginning of the sixteenth century, en was used to mark the plural number of verbs, as, they sayen for they say; after which, it appears to have been dropped. - "The Grammar of English Grammars", Goold Brown.