Definition of pod :
1. A bag; a pouch.
2. A capsule of plant, especially a legume; a dry dehiscent fruit. See Illust. of Angiospermous.
3. A considerable number of animals closely clustered together; - said of seals.
4. To swell; to fill; also, to produce pods.
- Until he is well into his teens, and sometimes later, a boy is like a bean- pod before the fruit has developed,- indefinite, succulent, rich in possibilities which are only vaguely outlined. - "Birds and Poets", John Burroughs.
- It do look like it, to be shore; but two seed in a okrey pod is ezactly alike, and one is one, and t'other is t'other." - "At the Mercy of Tiberius", August Evans Wilson.
- In fact my pocket- book began to pod out a little. - "The Bark Covered House or, Back in the Woods Again", William Nowlin.