Definition of poison:
- Any agent which, when introduced into the animal organism, is capable of producing a morbid, noxious, or deadly effect upon it; as, morphine is a deadly poison; the poison of pestilential diseases.
- That which taints or destroys moral purity or health; as, the poison of evil example; the poison of sin.
- To act as, or convey, a poison.
- To injure or kill by poison; to administer poison to.
- To put poison upon or into; to infect with poison; as, to poison an arrow; to poison food or drink.
- To taint; to corrupt; to vitiate; as, vice poisons happiness; slander poisoned his mind.
nightshade, butter, biological control, prussic, neutralize, canker, cloud, botulin, oxalic, poisonous, germ, caustic soda, predator, acerbate, germicide, assassinate, Agent Orange, embitter, savagery, toxic, tarantula venom poison oak, envenom, radiation, oil, virulent, strangle, bump off, brutalities, nitric, contaminator, carbon-neutral, copperhead, cancel out, envenom, impurity, belladonna, overshadow, dispatch, adulterator, blow, exterminate, butchery, slaughter, bullying, butcher, carve, barbarism, cantharides, massacre, goad, deterrence, take someone's life, poison ivy, poisonous substance, toxicant, maltreatment, cost, carbon sink, killer, beat, carbon monoxide gas, copper sulfate, DDT, clean, atrocity, murder, poisoned, vapor, pollutant, catalytic converter, virus, biohazard, kiss of death, nicotine, radon gas, offset, blue vitriol, sulphuric, blanch, chill, inhumanity, curare, clean up, the carbon cycle, hydrocyanic acid cyanide, foxglove, Paris green, harm, mephitical, bacteria, kill, biodegradable, disincentive, acerbate, mephitic, contaminant, cruelty, hammer blow, deterrent, cooking gas, contamination, blend, lead arsenate, loose on, black-widow-spider, envenomed, venomous, aconite, spoil, lye, lead, abuse, bake, adulterant, bone, taint, hydrochloric, toxin, gas, exterminator, death angel mushroom, venom, carbolic, crime, damage, carbon trading, help.
- bane (part of speech: noun)
- sicken (part of speech: verb)
- poison (part of speech: noun)
- "Anna St. Ives", Thomas Holcroft.
- "Maggie Miller", Mary J. Holmes.
- "A Sicilian Romance", Ann Radcliffe.