Definition of polemic:
- A polemic argument or controversy.
- Engaged in, or addicted to, polemics, or to controversy; disputations; as, a polemic writer.
- Of or pertaining to controversy; maintaining, or involving, controversy; controversial; disputative; as, a polemic discourse or essay; polemic theology.
- One who writes in support of one opinion, doctrine, or system, in opposition to another; one skilled in polemics; a controversialist; a disputant.
announcement, questionable, flow, formulation, questionable, allegation, contestable, assurance, polemical, difficulty, dispute, quarrel, controversial, polemicist, conflict, clash, assertion, discursive, contestable, argument, hassle, controversy, contention, argumentative, argumentative, delivery, bicker, tiff, disagreement, polemist, uncertain, disputatious, fustian, fight, rhubarb, squabble, spat, run-in, diction, gymnastics, quarrelsome, fluency, idiolect, attestation, affirmation, wrangle, apologia, altercation, discursive, disputatious, tangle, apology, monotone, debate, uncertain, quarrelsome, accusation, avowal, word, formality.
- "A Dozen Ways Of Love", Lily Dougall.
Now, we humbly conceive that there is enough in these admissions, if not to disarm the Secular polemic, yet to shut up every seriously reflecting man, not, perhaps, to the instant recognition of a Divine Being, but certainly to the duty of earnest, patient, and persevering inquiry.- "Modern Atheism under its forms of Pantheism, Materialism, Secularism, Development, and Natural Laws", James Buchanan.
- "The Unity of Civilization", Various.