Definition of ponderous:
labored, heavyweight, heavy, intemperate, conversational, lowering, net, elephantine, declamatory, gravid, monotonous, dreary, tame, uninteresting, arduous, jading, fleshy, tiring, lumpy, threatening, colorless, lumpish, cranky, pedestrian, numbing, with child, wearisome, clunky, mind-numbing, dusty, sullen, sound, unhandy, enceinte, expectant, laboured, drudging, density, hefty, nett, good, dead weight, large, wearying, big, overweight, profound, ho-hum, clumsy, stuffy, toilsome, discursive, heavy-handed, grueling, weighed down, hard, crisp, laborious, counterweight, jejune, dry, operose, stodgy, wakeless, cumbersome, impenetrable, flat, gruelling, diffuse, stale, load, humdrum, tedious, punishing, easy, cumbrous, sonorous, bunglesome, arid, awkward, clean, drab, backbreaking, cloggy, tiresome, ungainly, monochromatic, old, unwieldy, heavy-footed, clayey, articulate, light, lumbering, economical, circuitous, lightweight, grievous, weary, great, grave.
- dull (part of speech: adjective)
- ornately spoken or written (part of speech: adjective)
- wordy (part of speech: adjective)
- heavy (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Adventures of Bobby Orde", Stewart Edward White.
- "The Other Side of the Door", Lucia Chamberlain.
- "An Explorer's Adventures in Tibet", A. Henry Savage Landor.